PE and Sport Premium funding is provided by the DfE to improve the quality of PE and Sport activities we offer. It is not to be used for everyday costs, but instead is intended to contribute towards our long-term improvement plan.
The DfE suggests that we use our funding to:
- hire specialist PE teachers
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with teaching resources to help them teach PE and sport
- support and involve children by running or extending school sports clubs
- run sport competitions or increase pupils' participation competitive sport
- run sports activities with other schools
As a school we have developed an annual spending plan for how we wish to develop sports at Bilton Grange. Details can be found below.